Do you feel secure that you are writing the very best resume that you can? There are a few items that you need to include and a few that you should not include.
Some items that you do want to include are as follows:
- At the top of the page, you want to show your contact information including your name, phone number, address as well as your email address.
- Then list your education, including your degree at the top of your resume. Certifications and continuing education should be listed under your work experience.
- Next, you want to list your work experience, beginning with the last job worked – going back to the first one worked, chronologically. When listing your work experience, be sure to show your skills relating to that job.
- Also take care to note any keywords from the job posting and make sure you work them into your resume.
The items that you do not want to include are as follows:
- Please don’t include a photo unless one has been requested
- Do not include personal information as there will be time later to talk of these things.
- Also, don’t show anything relative to salary unless it is asked for.
Take care with your wording to give a clear understanding of your skills and proof read to ensure that there are no errors in order for your resume to show professionalism. Please read our article Why Your Resume Isn’t Getting Read and follow our resume tips for advice. You can also opt into our email course for guidance in obtaining that perfect job and follow us on Pinterest and “Like” us on Facebook!
Investing in a Lifetime of Success,
Are you considering a career change? If so, sign up for our Job Seeker email course which provides valuable insight into how to become more competitive in the marketplace. Check out our Blog for additional interview tips.